An estate plan involves creating a strategy to grow, conserve and transfer wealth.
The goal is to maintain financial security through life and ensure the intended transfer of property at or before death.
Beyond finances, an estate plan anticipates your needs in the event of incapacity and declining health.
It also gives you control over your life savings and assets in face of many situations such as:
- If you are in a blended family or your “significant other” is not a spouse
- If your family resides out of state or is otherwise unable to assist
- If you foresee conflict with your heirs
- If you are a business owner
- If asset protection is important